Saturday, May 2, 2015

[Thoughts] Directions

Today I was talking with a friend I had not spoken with in years. Turns out he had been a game designer in the past! I linked him to this dev blog and he requested a demo build for the game. He explained to me about finding a core loop for the game; something that the player goes back-and-forth between.

  • Equipment can improve your stats and modify ways to interact with the boulder
      Town Improvement
    • competing with another town?
    • unlocking new stores that sell things to help you progress further into the dungeon
    • to defend against attacks from the outside?
  • Go through the dungeon to find resources to upgrade yourself and your town.

I know that this is a bunch of repeated stuff, but at least writing it down here gives me a fresh view of what I should be working towards for my game's goals. Note that these aren't set in stone, but they are ideas for my core loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment