Sunday, April 5, 2015

[Progress] Inventory system - part 1

No there will not be apples in my game. It was just a random asset I used as a placeholder. I've gotten the inventory more or less set up. As you can see, the player initially tries to open the chest, but it doesn't until you pick up the key. I just haven't figured out how to remove the key from my Draw GUI event. The primary reason I chose to use Draw GUI as opposed to Draw, was just so it was always fixed in the same place on my screen no matter what happens. Just about ready to start making my dungeon puzzles. Also this is a toggle so you can hide it when you do not need to see the inventory window.

I was surprised to see interest when I was showing my friend what I've come up with so far. And if anything, I think I have a more solid idea of what the framework will include near completion:

  • Boulder durability (HP?)
  • Traps, keys, lockpicks, doors, chests

Going further into boulder durability, I haven't finalized what it could mean. Either the number of times you can roll the boulder, or how many traps it can set off for you in your place before crumbling (so you can't just drag the boulder across the entire puzzle safely). Maybe there'll be different kinds of boulders that have different properties? For now, it's just a simple brown boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment