Friday, April 10, 2015

[To Do] Fix a bug, find a bug

Since my last post, I was able to iron out just about everything needed to get the game up and running at it's core. I am still trying to figure out a way to handle the player exploring the said "dungeon/puzzles". With the small demo I released to just a few close friends, they reported the bugs I had already been working to deal with, and a few pointed out ones I had overlooked. For the time being the biggest ones to tackle are:

  • Redesign the HUD
  • Work on a menu system
  • Merge all puzzle rooms of the same dungeon into one room
    • But hide the undiscovered rooms until discovered/explored
    • Create a minimap
  • Squash a few bugs that were pointed out from the demo:
    • Multiple directional key presses can cause obj_player and obj_boulder to have strange collision activity/issues.
    • While using 'R' for restarting an unsolved puzzle room, if your player is on a boulder spawn tile, he will become stuck.

At the moment, when a puzzle is completed, I have been using the instance_deactivate_object(); function to remove all instances of obj_boulder and obj_pressure_plate from any rooms marked as solve. This is to prevent the player from accidentally boxing himself into a room while pushing a boulder. Ideally, I want to keep their instances in the room but just no longer movable, since it seems odd to just have them disappear. It'll suffice for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment