Monday, April 27, 2015

[Progress] Lava & Ice Tiles

Started working on some nefarious traps to populate the game. At the moment just lava and ice tiles. You can probably imagine what they do. Damage (Lava) and uninterrupted sliding (Ice). At the moment the ice tiles cause a stamina drain, in hindsight I realize that is pretty messed up to have the stamina drain while the player is not moving, but sliding against their own will, I'll fix it later.

I'm still debating on how to manage the boulder logic when interacting with these tiles. For the lava one, I was thinking of setting a timer that runs in the background as long as the boulder is in the lava. When the player finally pushes the boulder out, and steps into the lava, the boulder will also be molten hot for a time (I haven't determined whether time should move only when the player moves or works indiscriminately). As for the ice tiles, I don't know if I want the player to be able to change their direction when they collide with the boulder, or if their momentum transfers into the boulder and pushes them and the boulder another spot over (unless the collision is between a wall, the player and an ice tile (in which case there can only be the option to change direction or a broken puzzle/room is created).

Once I finish up all of the rough trap tiles/hazards, I'll set in place a new inventory system, for handling the use and ordering of items. I'll need to begin assigning uses for the enumerators I made yesterday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment